INTERNATIONAL DAY OF YOGA
Saturday, 24 June 2017
The United Nations proclaimed an International Day of Yoga. The UN General Assembly adopted a resolution by India and called on all states to observe the day in order to raise awareness of "the benefits of practising yoga." The first International Day of Yoga in 2015 was observed by millions of people around the globe.
We will be celebrating the International Day of Yoga in the Retreat House with a varied and inspiring programme.
Everyone is welcome to drop by to learn about yoga or to deepen their own practice. All activities are free of charge.
- 2:00 pm: Yoga demonstration with explanations
- 3:00 pm: Lecture: The holistic benefits of yoga for body and mind
- 4:00 pm: Yoga class: Peace starts within yourself – for all levels
- 6:00 pm: Yogic-vegetarian snack
- 8:00 pm: Group peace meditation
All events take place in the Retreat House. You can come for the whole day or for individual events.
Please bring a no-slip yoga mat, a cushion and a blanket.
If you would like to combine this day with a yoga vacation, please register here.